Reaching a Generation
Reaching a Generation (RaG) Children Ministry is a nonprofit organisation that strives to create a movement in South Africa by which the lives of children, youth and families are touched with a message of hope.
The Project AIM is a group-level youth development intervention designed to reduce HIV risk behaviours among youth. The project is based on the theory of 'Possible Selves' and encourages at-risk youth to imagine a positive future and discuss how current risk behaviours can be a barrier to a successful adulthood.
RaG seeks to appoint a Customer Liaison Officer - Families Matter Program - Welkom, based in Free State.
The person will be responsible for community mobilisation for a community-based, small-group behavioural intervention for parents to prevent HIV infection among youth.
- Carrying out mobilisation strategies;
- Recruit and screen potential participants;
- Scheduling participants to attend sessions; and
- Helping to ensure retention by following up with participants who miss sessions;
- Other responsibilities may include arranging for supervision and activities for children and providing additional support to program facilitators during program sessions.
- Prior training and experience in community development work;
- Knowledge of who comprises the key stakeholders in the community;
- Comfort in managing conflicts;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent people skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Commitment and passion for working with families to support them in raising healthy children;
- Expertise and experience in child and adolescent development, parent-child communication, or HIV prevention are desirable.
The candidate needs to reside in Welkom, Free State area.
Salary: R4 000 per month.
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Reaching a Generation Children Ministry, refer to www.rag.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.