The Reach For A Dream Foundation
Reach For A Dream Foundation is a nonprofit organisation that fulfils the dreams of children of all income groups and of any race, colour or creed between the ages of 3 and 18 years who have been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness by a doctor.
Reach For A Dream seeks to appoint a Fundraising Coordinator, based at its national branch in Ferndale, Randburg.
S/he will play a supportive role in working with a dynamic fundraising team to assist in strategy, finance, administration, proposals and events to identify, build and sustain relationships with current, new and potential corporate donors, organisations and individuals.
- Degree or diploma in communication or marketing is preferable but not essential;
- Minimum of two years fundraising or marketing or corporate relations experience;
- Knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising or marketing;
- Ability to communicate professionally with a range of stakeholders including donors and regional branches;
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication, administration and writing skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, good interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours, particularly when called upon to support special fundraising events and projects.;
- Experience initiating and implementing project or event ideas;
- Experience in a nonprofit environment will be an asset;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Internet, Outlook and Powerpoint;
- Fundraising and negotiation skills will be preferred;
- Love for children;
- Have a “hands-on” work style and enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment where collaboration with multiple teams is essential.
To apply, submit a CV, current salary, salary expectations and motivation letter with ‘Fundraising Coordinator’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
The first round interview will be held by Monday 13 May 2012.
For more about Reach For A Dream Foundation, refer to www.reachforadream.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.