Project Pinotage is a newly created one year vocational programme aimed at 18 to 25 year olds in the Boland region. Delivering a blend of technical wine skills supported by practical experience and a broad range of life skills, it will build capacity for the employability of students within the wine industry and related sectors.
The programme is the inspiration of the Dame Hilary Cropper Foundation, a UK based organisation which focuses on enabling young South Africans. It will be administered by a locally established NPC.
Project Pinotage seeks to appoint a Student Support Manager, based in the Boland region, Western Cape.
The key accountabilities of the role are to ensure all aspects of social support to students and to coordinate and support all learning processes. This position will report to the Programme Director.
- Support the Project Director in the implementation of the project;
Manage the students in every aspect of the project including:
- Student recruitment and selection
- Student monitoring, evaluation and feedback
- General student affairs including regular group contact sessions
- The coordination of the mentorship and volunteer programme
- To be regularly present in the classroom throughout the year
- To provide a level of group coaching and facilitation
- To be responsible for the ongoing assessment of participants, and ensuring that all learning support is in place
- To provide a first point of contact for counselling or external referrals if needed for personal issues
- Provide input into the curriculum;
- Provide administrative support for all aspects of the learning process, including financial and learning reports;
- Devise and manage the internal assessment criteria for participants for modules which are not being externally assessed;
- Coordinate and provide onsite support for job placements;
- Liaise with all learning and social service providers for implementation;
- Engage with key stakeholders throughout the process.
- Tertiary educational qualification in education, social sciences or related areas;
- Minimum of five years experience in a relevant field such as education, adult learning or social development;
- Excellent personal relationships and an ability to bridge and connect all communities;
- Strong self-leadership and emotional intelligence;
- Initiative and ability to take on, lead and complete projects;
- Administrative, financial management and report writing skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- An understanding of adult learning and the ability to coach and facilitate;
- Fluency in either isiXhosa or Afrikaans;
- Ability to speak and deliver reports in English;
- South African citizenship and residence in the Boland region;
- Willingness to work long hours;
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Experience working with and interacting with people in the wine sector will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of NQF and SETA requirements will be an advantage.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged applicants.
Remuneration: R240 000 per annum total remuneration package.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum 2 pages), a motivation letter highlighting your suitability and experience (maximum 300 words), plus contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. All correspondence must be in English.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Should you not receive a response by 5 October 2012, consider your application unsuccessful. Project Pinotage reserves the right not to interview applicants or make an appointment.
For more about Project Pinotage, refer to www.dhccf.org/ProjectPinotage.htm.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.