Project Pinotage is a newly created one year vocational programme aimed at 18 to 25 year olds in the Boland region. Delivering a blend of technical wine skills supported by practical experience and a broad range of life skills, it will build capacity for the employability of students within the wine industry and related sectors.
The programme is the inspiration of the Dame Hilary Cropper Foundation, a UK based organisation which focuses on enabling young South Africans. It will be administered by a locally established NPC.
Project Pinotage seeks to appoint a Programme Administrator, based in the Boland region, Western Cape.
The key accountabilities of the role are to develop and maintain all administration related to the total programme, including office management and PA support. A critical component is financial administration. This position will report to the Programme Director.
- Develop and maintain all administration related to the total programme;
All financial administration to trial balance, including:
- Petty cash
- Statutory returns
- Payment of salaries and stipends
- Co-ordinating and updating budgets
- Preparing financial reports
- Office management, including procurement of office supplies, catering as well as managing computer and telephone provision and support;
- Student related administration, including contracting, registration and assessment processes;
- Learning programme administration, including SETA related requirements;
- Communication administration, including the updating of the website and stakeholder information;
- Administrative support to the Project Director and Student Support Manager;
- Administrative support to the NPC Board;
- Administration and logistics of meetings, including minute taking.
- Formal PA or office management qualification
- Qualification in bookkeeping;
- Minimum of three years experience in office management and PA work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Fluency in either isiXhosa or Afrikaans;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office as well as in managing a data base;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines;
- Strong ability to work in an unsupervised situation, and be a team player;
- Passion for developing and maintaining administrative systems
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Knowledge of Pastel will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the wine sector will be an advantage;
- Experience in NPO, education sector or work with young people will be an advantage;
- Exposure to NQF and SETA requirements will be an advantage.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged applicants.
Remuneration: R150 000 per annum total remuneration package
To apply, submit a CV (maximum 2 pages), a motivation letter highlighting your suitability and experience (maximum 300 words), plus contact details of three referees to email@example.com. All correspondence must be in English.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Should you not receive a response by 5 October 2012, consider your application unsuccessful. Project Pinotage reserves the right not to interview applicants or make an appointment.
For more about Project Pinotage, refer to www.dhccf.org/ProjectPinotage.htm.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.