Project Literacy was established initially as a grassroots literacy project in 1973, and registered as a non profit company in 1986, to address the needs of illiterate and semi-literate adults in South Africa. The company is a leader in learning with more than 40 years experience in ABET provision; it is a well established and highly respected non profit company with expertise in a wide range of Education and Training programmes. With its headquarters in Pretoria, its training programmes reach adults and youth learners nationwide.
Project Literacy seeks to appoint an Operation Manager, based in Pretoria.
- Work with a team of trainers;
- Manage a portfolio of projects;
- Follow up and assist clients with their training needs;
- Train assessors and moderators;
- Train educators for the NQF5 qualification and below;
- Have an understanding and willingness to be involved in verification and accreditation processes;
- Must have the ability to adapt and do basic development of learning and training materials;
- Must be able to take responsibility for managing certain client sites and project areas
- Must have some input to make regarding quality assurance
- Represent the organization at SETA and other forums.
- The incumbent will have a tertiary qualification and/ or a minimum NQF level 6;
- The person should have a thorough knowledge of the SETAs and the Skills Development environment;
- The incumbent will also have exceptional report writing and project management skills;
- General AET and training experience and competence in English and Mathematics will be a definite advantage;
- The person should be a Registered Assessor and Moderator;
- This position requires travelling;
- Valid driver’s licence is a definite requirement;
- Good Computer literacy on all Microsoft packages is also a requirement;
- Bring fresh ideas into the Organisation’s training environment.
To apply, submit a detailed CV and motivation letter to Julie Holtzhausen at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 012 324 3800.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Project Literacy is an equal opportunity employer. Project Literacy reserves the right not to proceed with filling this post and therefore an application will not in itself entitle an applicant to an interview or appointment.
For more about the Project Literacy, refer to www.projectliteracy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.