Project Literacy was established initially as a grassroots literacy project in 1973, and registered as a nonprofit company in 1986, to address the needs of illiterate and semi-literate adults in South Africa. The company is a leader in learning with more than 40 years experience in ABET provision; it is a well established and highly respected non profit company with expertise in a wide range of Education and Training programmes. With its headquarters in Pretoria, its training programmes reach adults and youth learners nationwide.
Project Literacy seeks to appoint a Accountant and Payroll Administrator, based in Pretoria.
The successful candidate shold be a dynamic self-starter, who will form part of an extremely hard working team.
The Administrator will be reporting to the CEO.
- Monthly Management Account for the Board of Directors - Bank Statements, Income and Expenditure, Cash Flow, Schedules, Cash Flow Projections;
- Cash Book - Monthly capturing of payments/receipts, Bank reconciliations, Daily monitoring of bank balances and payments;
- Debtors - Monthly processing of invoices, Tranche calculating project invoicing according to work done;
- Creditors - Monthly processing of invoices, Data capturing, Payments, Reconciliations;
General Ledger - Process journals, Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts;
- Project - Project Financial reports, Assistance with budgets for proposals;
- Payroll - Payroll for all staff, PAYE submissions, Employment Equity submissions, IRP5’s;
- General - Petty Cash, Fixed Asset Control, Electronic Banking Administration.
- Tertiary qualification in BCom or equivalent with five years experience;
- Familiar with accounting software packages such as PASTEL;
- Ability to learn different accounting programmes;
- Preference will be given to a person with knowledge on the PROMAN Accounting software.
- Advanced knowledge of the VIP Payroll package (including report writing) with at least three years experience.
- Preference will be given to a person who worked in an NPO/NGO environment
- Preference will also be given to a person who worked in the Education, Training and Development Sector.
- Must be excellent in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Accurate, meticulous, and trustworthy.
- Willingness to work long hours.
- Ability to discuss and answer questions on finances to the board.
- Ability to work with a diverse and dynamic team.
Remuneration is negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV with atleast three references and a motivational letter to Julie Holtzhausen, Project Literacy, Email: email@example.com or fax to 012 324 3800.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Project Literacy is an equal opportunity employer.
Project Literacy reserves the right not to proceed with filling this post and therefore an application will not in itself entitle an applicant to an interview or appointment.
For more about Project Literacy, refer to www.projectliteracy.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.