Joint Aid Management International
The Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Procurement Officer, based in Honeydew, Johannesburg.
The person will apply principles of accounting to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information and utilising appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions;
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and buying control procedures;
- Analyse and review budgets and expenditures for local, private funding, contracts, and grants;
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness;
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, invoices, and other accounting documents;
- Analyse revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control;
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients;
- Ensure input and handling of financial data and reports for the organisations automated financial systems;
- Ensure donor formats and conditions are complied with.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles;
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications;
- Knowledge of grant and government financial regulations;
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's degree in accounting, three to five years of accounting experience in a senior finance position;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Salary: R16 000 per month negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more about the Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.