Philanjalo: Chief Executive Officer
Monday, April 16, 2012 - 12:08
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, April 27, 2012
Philanjalo seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), based in KwaZulu-Natal.
The CEO will report to the Philanjalo Board and is responsible for the organisation’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. S/he will ensure the viability of the organisation in terms of sound patient care structures, income generation, as well as financial, human resources and administrative systems and structure.
In programme development and administration, the CEO will:
- Assure that Philanjalo has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and makes consistent and timely progress toward this;
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Philanjalo Board and project managers, including, but not limited to Quality Improvement Programmes, Risk Management Programme and a Performance Management System;
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal and regional regulations;
- Ensure that the Board is kept fully and regularly informed on the programmatic operations and fiscal health of Philanjalo and all important factors influencing them;
- Liaise with the Chairman of the Board to organize board meetings at least twice yearly;
- Represent Philanjalo’s perspective and mission to agencies, organisations and the general public;
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organisations;
- Represent and provide leadership in research and programmatic relationships with collaborating outside institutions, including both funders and programme partners (e.g. Yale University and others);
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that all levels of staff are provided consistent training to be successful in their positions, that regular performance evaluations are held and that sound human resource practices are in place;
- Supervise the senior management team and ensure effective functioning;
- Ensure fair and equitable utilisation of organisational resources;
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices;
- Work with staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget, and ensure that Philanjalo operates within budget guidelines;
- Develop and carryout strategies for fundraising and development to ensure fiscal health.
- Minimum of eight years management experience at least five of which should have been in a position of senior management;
- Extensive project leadership with in-depth knowledge of TB and HIV community projects;
- Strong skills in NGO management with a sound ability to coordinate and oversee the administrative body of the organisation including human resources, information technology, finances and NGO funding, systems development, and quality management;
- Strong organisational and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Experience in collaborations with the Department of Health will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Fluency in isiZulu is highly desirable but not exclusive;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Find innovative and creative means to address challenges.
- Possess a results orientation, with a focus on quality;
- Hold himself/herself and others accountable;
- Ensure respectful team dynamic;
- Ensure healthy work/life balance.
- Initiate and leads others through change.
- Coach and develop talent;
- Bring out the best in employees and staff.
- Effectively build relationships with internal constituencies;
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with external constituencies, including local stakeholders and international partners;
- Communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Philanjalo, refer to www.philanjalo.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.