Philani Child Health & Nutrition Project
The Philani Child Health and Nutrition Project is a community-based NGO committed to the protection of the rights of every child to proper nutrition and healthcare in communities where malnourished children and destitute mothers are most vulnerable.
Philani Maternal Child Health and Nutrition Project is a community based organisation, operating in Khayelitsha, Crossroads, Brown's Farm, Mfuleni, Nyanga, KTC and Delft on the outskirts of Cape Town, providing maternal, child health and nutrition services to these communities. Philani also offers education and training to women, income-generating projects, pre-school, home-based nutrition, child health and mother to be programme, as well as care and support to orphaned and vulnerable children.
Philani Maternal Child Health and Nutrition Project seeks to appoint a Administration/Human Resources (HR) Manager, based in Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Human resources function;
- Prepare contracts and job descriptions for all staff;
- Leave administration;
- Administration function;
- Recruitment, selection, etc;
- Disciplinary action (CCMA procedures);
- Appraisals and monitor staff attendance;
- Hold permanent staff accountable for their job description;
- Part of executive committee;
- Run board and committee meetings;
- Report to management committee;
- Make management decisions;
- Fundraise (pitch nationally and internationally);
- Public relations - facilitate talks with visitors;
- Report writing;
- Answer email correspondence, queries from volunteers;
- Write annual report.
- Minimum of five years experience in administration and staff management, with fundraising and HR exposure;
- Administrator, highly organised, methodical worker, able to multitask;
- Ability to take on different tasks and solve different problems outside of the job description;
- Willing to do high level administrative tasks as well as more basic administrative tasks;
- Hardworking and comfortable in a demanding role;
- HR experience;
- Staff management;
- Develop good relationships;
- Hold staff members accountable for their job description;
- Leadership skills;
- Warm, caring personality, ‘nothing is too much’, in line with the ethos of this organisation;
- Deadline driven, ability to prioritize and follow instructions well;
- Willing to work in Khayalitsha;
This position is subject to six-month probation.
To apply, submit a CV with a motivation letter to email@example.com or fax to: 021 387 5107.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 387 5125.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more information about the Philani Child Health and Nutrition Project, refer to www.philani.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.