Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project
Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project is a community-based child health and nutrition organisation operating in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town and in the rural or Thambo district of the Eastern Cape. The Philani Mentor Mother Programme aims to prevent child malnutrition and attendant morbidity and mortality. This aim is accomplished through house-to-house growth monitoring and health education, case follow-up for pregnant mothers and underweight children, assistance in the acquisition of government grants and through giving support in and education on the importance of early childhood development. Our Community Health Care Workers (Mentor Mothers) also attend to home-based care clients.
Philani Maternal Child Health and Nutrition Project seeks to appoint a Assistant Coordinator, based in Khayelitsha, Western Cape.
The Assistant Coordinator will manage between 10-15 Mentor Mothers and their associated cases. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage and support the Mentor Mothers ensuring that they are held accountable for the tasks set out in their job description.
Working Hours: Mon to Fri (40 hour week).
Start date: As soon as possible
- Supervise, support and manage the Mentor Mothers on their team;
- Manage high-risk clients, providing them with medical care and advice;
- Conduct home visits in Khayelitsha, Delft, Mfuleni, Crossroads, Philippi, etc;
- Identify Mentor Mothers training needs and conducting continuous infield training;
- Network with social workers, government clinics and agencies in the area;
- Organise and attend community meetings;
- Write reports.
- Qualified as an Enrolled Nurse;
- Minimum of two years nursing experience, preferably in the realm of community health;
- Experience in Pediatrics;
- Management and leadership experience;
- Administrative skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- First language ability in Xhosa;
- The candidate should have a positive, open friendly and flexible attitude;
- Valid drivers licence is a benefit.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 021 387 5107
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more information about the Philani Child Health and Nutrition Project, refer to www.philani.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.