Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project
The Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project has been addressing maternal and child health problems in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town since 1979. Philani’s mandate is sustainable community health, and, over the years, the organisation has developed programmes to meet the needs of the communities it serves. As an organisation Philani aims to improve health outcomes by combining its skills and resources with the knowledge and resources that exist in the community. Philani's programmes promote family health, focusing on the support of pregnant mothers, prevention of child malnutrition and the rehabilitation of underweight children. The organisation is committed to limiting the suffering of families infected and affected by HIV and preventing the spread of the virus.
The Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project seeks to appoint a Admin/Finance Assistant.
The Admin/Finance Assistant will work as an assistant to the HR/ Administration Manager and Finance Manager and will be responsible for a variety of general HR, administrative and finance tasks.
Start date: 1 March 2015 or sooner if possible.
Key area’s of responsibility:
- Administer and reconciliation of petty cash;
- Capture data onto pastel;
- Assist with the capturing of payments following up on invoices, quotations and deliveries;
- Processing claims;
- Create monthly expenses forecast;
- All financial and administrative filing;
- Updating insurance policies and dealing with claims;
- Maintenance of the asset register;
- Assist with the employment process;
- Be responsible for employee administration;
- Administer the performance management system;
- Organise and minute important organisational meetings;
- Maintain communication and IT systems;
- Manage volunteers;
- Manage cleaning and security staff.
- High level of organisation and planning;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to manage time effectively;
- Ability to speak and write English as a first language speaker;
- Team worker;
- Initiative and problem solving;
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines;
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities;
- Qualification Requirements:
- A relevant tertiary level qualification (accounts/ bookkeeping/ business administration/ HR);
- Experience working in a financial role;
- Minimum of three years experience in the field of business administration;
- Thorough understanding of accounting principals;
- High level of competence in all Microsoft office programmes, Pastel and IT in general;
- Experience working for an NGO is preferable.
- Relevant behaviours/ personal attributes:
- Honesty & integrity
- Hardworking & responsible
- A team player
- Valid Drivers Licence is preferable.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Do not apply if you do not have the relevant experience or qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the Philani Child Health and Nutrition Project, refer to www.philani.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information