Phakamani Foundation is a NGO - Christian organisation that provides training, micro-loans and post loan support to poor women who wish to start their own micro-business. The successful candidate will have a relevant diploma/higher education as well as a very good working knowledge of Excel VBA and Pivot Tables. Additional tasks will be setting up desktop working environments, management of a small LAN, setting up MS-Office as well as proprietary products, managing backups and security as well as working with a external software development company. There is also a research component to the position.
Phakamani Foundation is looking for an IT Assistant.
Skills and Competencies required for the Position:
- Experience in the use of Excel with pivot tables and VBA;
- IT qualification at diploma level and related experience;
- Experience in maintaining and expanding a small LAN;
- Experience in setting up desktop working environments including the installation of MS-Windows, Office Products, Norton, Pastel and other proprietary products;
- Experience in developing user reports where it involves exporting data from a proprietary product;
- The ability to analyse and develop Monitoring and Reporting reports;
- The ability to coordinate the a external supplier and the implementation of an integrated computer system;
- Drivers licence and willing to travel to remote branches;
- Strong identification with Phakamani Foundation Christian values, cross-culturally sensitivity and a genuine desire to work with the poor carrying out the mission of Phakamani Foundation.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Support and develop local excel based reporting systems and the client data base - Including the development of additional donor reports and deveopment of the database. Knowledge and experience with excel Pivot Tables as well as Excel VBA will be essential;
- Hardware and Network Support - support and expand the existing LAN, purchase additional hardware or network/LAN equipment as required, set up and maintain local as well as remote backups, exercise control over security levels and access codes;
- Set up, configure and support local desktop computers – includes connecting to the LAN, the installation and maintenance of MS-Windows, MS-Office, Email, Norton, Pastel, Smartfin and other products that Phakamani might purchase or require;
- Monitoring and Evaluation - Analyse requirements and develop reports to support all aspects of Phakamani Foundations monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Work with the communication team to maintain and develop the WEB site and social networking sites;
- Trouble shoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective actions and escalate to other technical resources as required;
- Integrated System Development – Phakamani is working with a system developer to produce a customised/integrated computer system for the organisation. This system will include mobile as well as a centralised system. The incumbent will be required to work closely with the developer, monitoring project deadlines, testing all software, managing the conversion from old systems to new and rolling out the system to all remote branches and Head Office .
Phakamani's head office is located in the beautiful lowveld town of White River (close to Nelspruit) and currently serves close to 10 000 clients in Mpumalanga and Limpopo.
Salary will be determined according to experience but will fall in the range of R130 000 to R180 000 per year. Benefits include a contributory medical aid, a provident fund, time off for examination leave.
To be considered for this position, please send in a CV as well as a detailed covering letter stating why you might be a good candidate for this position as well as your level of eperience in Excel VBA and Pivot Tables. Also send in a CV to email@example.com
We regret that we will only be able to get back to candidates who make the short list
Applications for this position will close on 7 December 2014.
For more about the Phakamani Foundation, refer to http://www.phakamanifoundation.org.