The Parent Centre
The Parent Centre is a nonprofit, primary preventive organisation offering comprehensive parenting education and support services.
The Parent Centre seeks to appoint a Qualified Social Worker, based in Cape Town.
The person will oversee projects, facilitation of training and parenting workshops and groups in English and Afrikaans, Individual Counselling in English and Afrikaans, supervision of Support Group facilitators, Assisting with general requests for parenting workshops, Material development.
- Overseeing projects;
- Facilitation of training and parenting workshops and groups in English and Afrikaans;
- Individual Counselling in English and Afrikaans;
- Supervision of Support Group facilitators;
- Assisting with general requests for parenting workshops;
- Material development.
- Registered Social Worker with a special interest in the Parenting Field and must have some specialised knowledge about parenting;
- Minimum of five years working experience in the social work field;
- Minimum of two years experience in supervision;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP)
- Proficiency in English and Afrikaans (verbal and written);
- Computer literacy;
- Valid driver’s licence
- Knowledge of The Children’s Act will be advantageous;
- Parenting experience will be an advantage;
Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences; a professional demeanour; the ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion will secure this position.
We work with parents, other caregivers, professionals and community workers working with families. If you are passionate about parenting and the development of the whole child, then this is a position for you.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com or fax to: 021 762 5160.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Parent Centre, refer to www.theparentcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.