The Parent Centre
The Parent Centre is a nonprofit, primary preventive organisation offering comprehensive parenting education and support services.
The Parent Centre seeks to appoint a Programme Manager for the Parenting and Community Empowerment & Support (PACES), based in
This is a permanent, full-time subject to a six-month probationary period.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Programme knowledge; planning and co-ordination;
- Monitoring programme activities, processes and outcomes;
- Representing the interests of the programme intra-organisationally; locally; nationally and internationally;
- Recruiting, selecting and management of programme staff;
- Overseeing facilitation and/or co-ordination of programme-specific training;
- Supervising staff;
- Coordinating programme evaluation and research.
- Must be a Social Worker with a special interest in the parenting field;
- Current registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions;
- Minimum of five years supervision and management experience;
- A developmental and clinical approach will be an advantage;
- Ability to function within a middle management team;
- Proficiency in English-verbal and written skills and proficiency in Afrikaans.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence;
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Word; Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have hands-on parenting experience – an essential element;
- Some specialised knowledge about parenting.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three recent referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 762 5160. Alternatively, post The Director, The Parent Centre, PO Box 18889 Wynberg 7824.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Parent Centre, refer to www.theparentcentre.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.