Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa
Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA) is a NGO that supports multidisciplinary treatment teams of health care workers working to improve the quality of paediatric HIV care in sub-Saharan Africa.
PATA works collaboratively with 243 paediatric HIV clinics across 24 sub-Saharan African countries, providing various programmes and serving as a resource to support achievement of their stated goals. The foundation of PATA lies within these paediatric HIV treatment teams who work together at clinics across sub-Saharan Africa to form a community of compassionate and committed individuals who provide treatment and care to children infected with HIV. The fundamental purpose of PATA is to assist these treatment teams to improve the quality of healthcare they are able to deliver to their patients.
PATA seeks to appoint a full-time Senior Programmes Manager, based at the PATA head office in Cape Town.
The person will assist with the efficient running of PATA programmes.
- Oversee the management of all PATA programmes, including the Expert Patient Programme, Forum Programme, Child-Friendly Clinic Initiative and Building Bridges Mentorship and Twinning Programme;
- Manage PATA’s research and advocacy portfolios;
- Expand and develop existing and novel PATA programmes, portfolios and initiatives;
- Supervise PATA’s communications, including newsletter production and social media;
- Direct Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities;
- Proposal writing, report writing and general donor liaison;
- Manage budgets;
- Communicate with PATA Steering Committee, Advisory Board, network clinics and frontline health workers;
- Supervise two Programme Managers;
- Provide weekly briefing to the Executive Director;
- Travel to PATA Forums across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Honours degree minimum, Master’s degree will be preferred;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Highly organised, outstanding attention to detail and delivery-orientated;
- Motivated, passionate and committed;
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve;
- Clean track record;
- Understanding of organisational dynamics and governance;
- Own transport;
- Willingness to travel;
- South African citizenship or a valid South African work permit;
- Fluency in French or Portuguese language advantageous but not necessary;
- Programme and staff management experience essential;
- Research, advocacy, communications, M&E and fundraising experience advantageous.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa, refer to www.teampata.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.