Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa
Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA) is a South-African non-governmental organisation that aims to promote and faciliate improved access to high-quality holistic care for HIV-infected children, their families and communities across sub-Saharan Africa. PATA works collaboratively with 258 paediatric HIV clinics across 24 sub-Saharan African countries, providing various programs and serving as a resource to support achievement of their stated goals. The foundation of PATA lies within these paediatric HIV treatment teams who work together at clinics across sub-Saharan Africa to form a community of compassionate and committed individuals who provide treatment and care to children infected with HIV. The fundamental purpose of PATA is to assist these treatment teams to improve the quality of healthcare they are able to deliver to their patients.
PATA seeks to appoint a part-time Research / Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager, based in Mowbray, Cape Town, with some travel in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Lead, coordinate and expand knowledge management within PATA;
- Manage the implementation of a newly defined M&E framework whilst overseeing and expanding PATA’s academic / research endeavours;
- Ensure accurate collection, capturing and reporting of programmatic data;
- Prepare M&E sections of reports to donors and other stakeholders;
- Provide M&E orientation and develop simple M&E tools for programme implementers;
- Explore and develop means to validate data;
- Utilise programmatic data collection and analysis strategically so as to inform programme advancement and identify key research priorities;
- Coordinate the development of PATA’s research portfolio, including the initiation and coordination of research projects;
- Ensure the PATA network has up-to-date access to pediatric HIV trends, innovations and key findings in the global literature;
- Explore, develop and maintain relationships with key research partners and regional networks.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a health-related / social development field;
- Minimum of three years’ M&E and research project management experience in the health and social development sectors, preferably working within an HIV/health-focused project;
- Communication skills in both written and verbal English; fluency in an additional African language or French would be advantageous;
- Organisational and management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines and targets within a pressurised setting;
- Dynamic, pro-active individual who can function both on their own and as a team player;
- Analytical skills (conduct and analyse quantitative and qualitative research and data);
- Academic writing skills;
- Experience in the implementation and management of M&E systems involving capacity-building for field staff and monitoring ongoing data quality;
- Experience with donor M&E reporting requirements an advantage;
- Ability to interpret reports and distil lessons that can inform programme advancement;
- Computer literacy essential (competence in Excel and SPSS/ STATA; competence in Access and qualitative analysis software advantageous),
This is a part time position and remuneration is dependent on hours worked and experience of the candidate.
To apply, submit a CV (no more than three pages and must include three contactable references) and a brief supporting statement of no more than 500 words, detailing your qualifications, skills and experience and how these relate directly to the position to email@example.com with ‘PATA Part-Time Knowledge Management Coordinator’ as the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.