Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa
Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA) is a NGO that supports multidisciplinary treatment teams of health care workers working to improve the quality of paediatric HIV care in sub-Saharan Africa.
PATA seeks to appoint a Research/Development Manager, based in Mowbray, Cape Town.
This is a six-month contract position.
S/he is expected to be passionate about fundraising and developing new opportunities through marketing and networking.
A proven track record in fundraising, report writing and monitoring and evaluating projects is essential for this position.
- Research, academic programme development and fundraising;
- Support the PATA Executive Director in: a) building the organisation’s sustainability through developing donor relations, b) by documenting the PATA model through publications based on research, monitoring and evaluation, and c) expanding PATA’s academic programme;
- Ensure the facilitation of knowledge building and sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the Executive Director in expanding PATA’s academic programme.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a health-related or social development field with a specialisation in research, monitoring and evaluation;
- Minimum of five years progressively relevant professional work experience in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), programme management or development work;
- Track record of fundraising: A degree or diploma in fundraising and/or marketing will be an advantage but is not essential if the incumbent has proven relevant experience;
- Experience of working in the NGO sector;
- Knowledge of the local and international fundraising environment;
- Exceptional communication skills in both written and verbal English. Fluency in an additional African language or French will be an advantage;
- Excellent organisational and management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines and targets within a pressurised setting;
- Dynamic, pro-active individual who can function both on their own and as a team-player;
- Skills in social research, statistical research and analysis will be an advantage;
- Organisational and programming skills with a focus on monitoring of projects implementation;
- Coordination skills with proven ability to work with donors and other partners;
- Analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative data;
- Excellent academic writing skills;
- Ability to interpret reports, distil lessons and translate these lessons into programmatic interventions;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office especially competence in Excel, Access, SPSS, STATA and qualitative analysis software will be an advantage.
- Willing to work flexible hours to accommodate developing and urgent events;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required;
- Ability to deliver outputs in a timely manner and be consistent with the agreed strategy and priorities of the Division; and carry out any other duties as required.
For more about this position requirements, e-mail: email@example.com.
Starting date: 1 June 2012.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum three pages and must include three contactable referees) and brief motivation letter of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa, refer to www.teampata.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.