Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA)
Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA) is a South-African non-governmental organisation that aims to promote and faciliate improved access to high-quality holistic care for HIV-infected children, their families and communities across sub-Saharan Africa. PATA works collaboratively with 258 paediatric HIV clinics across 24 sub-Saharan African countries, providing various programs and serving as a resource to support achievement of their stated goals. The foundation of PATA lies within these paediatric HIV treatment teams who work together at clinics across sub-Saharan Africa to form a community of compassionate and committed individuals who provide treatment and care to children infected with HIV. The fundamental purpose of PATA is to assist these treatment teams to iamprove the quality of healthcare they are able to deliver to their patients.
PATA seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based in Mowbray, Cape Town, with some travel in sub-Saharan Africa.
The succesful candidate will be highly organised, an excellent written and oral communicator, able to work independently with minimal supervision, pay great attention to detail, able to problem-solve and think on their feet, be delivery-oriented and work to deadlines, able to absorb and distil information, be articulate and able to present effectively, and work well within a small but growing team. The Programme Manager must be willing and able to travel to countries in sub-Saharan African and should be excited about the prospect of interacting with healthcare workers from different cultures and language groups.
- Manage several HIV programmes, including a capacity-building/ mentoring initiative, small grants project and community health worker programme;
- Provide ongoing support and liaising with multidisciplinary HIV practitioner teams across the PATA network;
- Manage and report on small grants, clinic disbursement and innovative community partnership initiatives.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in an HIV-related/ social development field;
- Proven operational planning, implementation and project management experience in the health and social development sectors, preferably working within an HIV/health-focused project (minimum of three years’ experience);
- Fluency in an additional African language or French would be advantageous;
- Oorganisational and management skills;
- Coordination and administration skills in the management, monitoring and disbursement of small grants an advantage;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills and an ability to liaise with an extensive PATA network;
- Experience in and the ability to lead a team of people, provide the required tools and support in achieving project goals and meeting specified objectives;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS in the sub-Saharan African context with an interest in paediatric HIV prevention, treatment and care;
- Report writing and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet and e-mail).
To apply, submit a CV (no more than three pages along with three contactable references) and a brief supporting statement of no more than 500 words, detailing your qualifications, skills and experience and how these relate directly to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘PATA Programme Manager’ as the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
This is a full time position and remuneration is R289 000 per annum dependent on experience of the candidate.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.