Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA)
Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa (PATA) is a NGO that supports multidisciplinary treatment teams of health care workers working to improve the quality of paediatric HIV care in sub-Saharan Africa.
PATA seeks to appoint a full-time Administration and Finance Officer, based in Cape Town.
The person will assist with the efficient running of the PATA office.
- General administration/ secretarial duties (answering the phone, faxing, couriering and emailing);
- Maintain an effective filing system;
- Financial record keeping and managing transactions (capturing transactions, sourcing quotes, receipting, assisting in preparation of annual reports, aiding in the preparation of the yearly audit, completing purchase requisitions, maintaining business online system, bank enquiries);
- Data entry and management;
- Assist with the management of computer systems (IT, email, backups, website updates, loading monthly newsletter and sending out to database);
- Document preparation and collation;
- Meet organisation and record-keeping (booking conference calls, informing committees of calls, minute-taking);
- Weekly briefing to the General Manager;
- Support the General Manager and Programme Managers in the planning and delivery of PATA conferences (booking flights, sourcing accommodation and liaising with vendors);
- Support the General Manager in ensuring that the PATA office runs smoothly, which will include keeping accurate and up to date records and administration of all departments within the organisation.
- Understanding of organisational dynamics, governance and finance;
- Excellent administrative skills;
- Applicants will need to be highly motivated, eager to learn and prepared to take on any task;
- Previous Pastel experience would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel;
- Clean track record;
- Own transport;
- Fluency in French or Portuguese language is advantageous but not necessary.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter of no more than 500 words to Anthea@teampata.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Paediatric AIDS Treatment for Africa, refer to www.teampata.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.