Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact seeks to appoint a Sustainability Manager for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
The Sustainability Manager will provide leadership and technical direction for activities that promote sustainability and continuation of interventions beyond PEPFAR funding, such as resource mobilisation, grant and report writing, financial reporting, strategic planning, marketing, networking, advocacy, management of strategic partnerships, and public private partnerships.
- Responsible for overseeing NGOs organisational capacity strengthening, with a particular focus towards achieving competencies that will enable them to diversify funding streams for sustainability;
- Coordinate and oversee capacity development in grant and report writing, financial reporting, strategic planning marketing, networking, advocacy, management of strategic partnerships, and public private partnerships;
- Oversee the brokering and facilitation of strategic partnerships and public private partnerships;
- Build relationships with relevant stakeholders that support capacity development efforts;
- Organise networking events between NGO partners, private sector and Government stakeholders;
- Oversee capacity development activities with the Government of South Africa.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in health, capacity development, social sciences, or a related degree relevant to the field of public health;
- Experience in utilising various capacity development tools;
- 5 years direct work experience in developing countries as an expert in training and capacity development: preference for experience working in the health sector.
- Proven expertise developing the capacity of organisations to improve sustainability and contribute to a vibrant, effective non-governmental sector.
- Experience in funding diversification, resource mobilisation, grant writing, partnership development, and strategic planning;
- Knowledge of a wide range of capacity building techniques: Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in capacity building field;
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions;
- Strong coordination, communication, teamwork and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts.
- Strong planning, community mobilisation and communication skills required;
- South African preferred;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.