Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint three Regional Programme Managers for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG. a range of technical and programme management design and implementation issues. S/he supervises regionally based mentors a
The Regional Programme Manager provides and coordinates technical assistance to NGO partners and SAG onnd system strengthening advisors.
- Contributes to pre-award activities and sub-award management, including pre-award assessments, budget and cost analysis, sub-grant negotiations, award and modifications;
- Oversees the coordination of work with SAG at the Provincial and District level;
- Provides strategic guidance and consultation to NGO partners on the implementation of USAID / PEPFAR programming guidance and SAG recommended methodologies and standards;
- Provides oversight to ensure timely implementation and performance of prevention, care and support programming; conduct regular reviews of partner performance and develop status reports on partner programmes;
- Contributes to smooth operations for implementation of the programme based on approved annual work plans for award programme;
- Ensures timely submission of programme reports.
- Manages and oversees the work of Provincial CD mentors and technical coordinators.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, social work, public policy, public health, or a related field;
- Five years of relevant development country experience in mentoring, coaching and building capacity within health-related organisations and systems;
- Experience in programme management;
- Experience working with or within NGO partners and the South African Government;
- Knowledge of participatory training approaches and methods;
- Familiar with monitoring and evaluation tools and data for decision-making methodologies;
- South Africa experience required.
- Strong team player with the ability to navigate complex organisational structures and motivate people for programme participation;
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and/or district levels,
- Strong interpersonal skills, must have a proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse counterparts;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- South African national preferred;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.