Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international non-governmental organisation (NGO) operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint twelve Provincial Capacity Development Mentors for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management, Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations, and capacity development assistance to the SAG.
The Provincial Capacity Development Mentor provides day-to-day mentoring and caching, and follow-up to NGO partners.
- Contributes to partner pre-award activities and subaward management;
- Provides day-to-day mentoring and coaching support to NGO partners in the region;
- Stays abreast of partner performance and develop status reports on partner programmes;
- Through mentoring, coaching and troubleshooting, ensures smooth operations for implementation of NGO’s programmes;
- Coordinates technical and programmatic monitoring visits to partner and sub-recipients;
- Provides guidance and training to grantees on compliance with USAID policies and regulations, financial management, audit and closeout in collaboration with the Grants Department.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in management, social work, public policy, public health, or a related field;
- Five years of relevant development country experience in mentoring, coaching and building capacity within health-related organisations and systems;
- Experience working with or within an NGO;
- Knowledge of mentoring and coaching methodologies and participatory training approaches;
- Familiar with monitoring and evaluation tools and data for decision-making methodologies;
- South Africa experience required.
- Strong team player with the ability to navigate complex organisational structures and motivate people for program participation;
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and/or district levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills, must have a proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse counterparts;
- South African national preferred;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail. Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.