Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for a five-year USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Assist in the development and execution of final M&E Plan;
- Contributes to the development of relevant M&E tools and formats, and in the provision of M&E specific technical training, mentoring and coaching of partner organisations;
- Assist the M&E Director to develop strong monitoring and evaluation data collection and analysis systems to ensure that programme interventions are effective and replicable;
- Contributes to capacity development of M&E systems within the SAG and strengthens availability and use of high quality data for decision making at all levels;
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of baseline and process indicator data and performance monitoring and reporting;
- Coordinates regular programme monitoring visits to ensure the production of consolidated reports and agreed action plan for follow up response (inclusive of programme, finance, grants);
- Contributes to strengthening of pact and partners’ data management and quality improvement systems, ensuring that data is audit worthy and readily available;
- Where problems exist, support the identification of solutions to challenges faced;
- Assist in reviewing regular programme reports prepared by programme staff for submission to USAID;
- Help M&E Director to ensure programme staff and senior management are using data collected to make informed and timely decisions related to programme implementation;
- Support programme staff to implement their learning agenda (baseline, mid-term, final evaluations, etc.) oach and train others in designing M&E methodologies and tools and utilising methodologies and tools.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in public health, demography, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience managing data intensive programmes in designing, monitoring and evaluation methodologies;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators;
- Knowledge of M&E issues with respect to system strengthening / capacity development and service delivery strengthening related to HIV and AIDS;
- Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use;
- Demonstrated Capacity Development experience and knowledge to provide support and guidance to programme staff on design, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.