Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international non-governmental organisation (NGO) operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor for a five-year USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management, Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Contributes to the design and development of M&E plans at Pact and partner levels as needed;
- Assist in the development and execution of the final M&E plan;
- Contributes to the development of relevant M&E tools, formats and the assists in the provision of M&E specific technical training; Contributes to capacity development in M&E, data for decision making, feedback loops;
- Contributes to the collection and analysis of baseline and process indicator data and performance reporting for partners;
- Help M&E Director to ensure programme staff and senior management are using data collected to make informed and timely decisions related to programme implementation;
- Support programme staff to implement their learning agenda (baseline, mid-term, final evaluations, etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in public health, demography, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field;
- Minimum of four years of work experience managing data intensive programmes in designing, monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators;
- Knowledge of M&E issues with respect to system strengthening / capacity development and service delivery strengthening related to HIV and AIDS;
- Experience in designing M&E methodologies and tools, and the ability to coach and train others in their use;
- Demonstrated Capacity Development experience and knowledge to provide support and guidance to programme staff on design, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in analysing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learned and incorporated into programming;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate and implement evaluations, including experience developing terms of reference, recruiting, training and managing a diverse team;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- South African national preferred;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail. Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.