Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a Marketplace Manager for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
The Marketplace Manager will oversee a contracting mechanism to secure appropriate technical assistance teams to support SAG’s and NGO partner’s capacity development needs. S/he will manage networking initiatives with national private-sector and NGO providers to ensure availability of quality, cost-efficient, demand-driven and locally relevant technical assistance.
- Responsible for development and set-up of the electronic Capacity Development Marketplace platform;
- Management of the Capacity Development Marketplace including evaluation of marketplace contractors qualifications;
- Manage networking initiatives with national, private-sector and NGO providers to ensure availability of quality, cost-efficient, demand-driven and locally relevant technical assistance;
- Organise annual in-person marketplace vendor events.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience (IT experience a bonus);
- Seven or more years of experience in grants and contracts management.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID / USG rules and regulations, including OMB Circulars, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID standard provisions, etc;
- Strong understanding of budgeting and financial management;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Experience in conducting a broad range of capacity development interventions for NGOs;
- Strong sense of responsibility, personal initiative, and follow-through;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments;
- South African national preferred;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.