Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint an IT Manager for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Provide technical support, training and troubleshooting to Pact staff relating to IT matters;
- Maintain and provide technical support and administration of IT network and websites and assist with the provision of IT specifications for all IT related procurement;
- Ensure all IT hardware and software comply with Pact standards and maintain an inventory of all IT equipment;
- Provide capacity development support to partners; Network: Network troubleshooting, ensuring minimum downtime of the network, internet, telephones and printers;
- Ensure that all users and server software and antivirus licenses are properly licensed, documented and maintained.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University Degree in IT related field or any other related field;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience with networking a plus;
- Professional Certificates such as MCSE, CCNA, Linux +/LPI and MSSQL and MYSQL database applications are highly desirable;
- UNIX Administration knowledge, knowledge of Microsoft IIS and Apache is preferred, knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 server;
- Experience in network administration, advances knowledge of database management (MSSQL, MYSQL etc.).
- Good communication skills;
- Team work: ability to work with others in a mutual supporting way;
- Networking: easily make contacts, reach out for support;
- Self-motivated and independent worker;
- Must be a South African national;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.