Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international non-governmental organisation (NGO) operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South seeks to appoint an Internal Finance & Operations Director for a five-year USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
The Internal Financial and Operations Director is a member of the core management team and responsible for the overall management of the Finance Department and the Human Resource - (HR) and Operations functions and to oversee Finance, HR and Operations and IT staff. The Financial and Operations Director is also responsible for the development and implementation of efficient procedures and guidelines that ensure audit readiness at all times within the context of maximising Pact SA and USAID requirements.
- Oversee and the review the work activities of Accounting, Operations and HR staff;
- Develop and maintain adequate financial management systems in line with Pact policies and procedures;
- Ensure financial management systems are in line with USAID rules and regulations, policies and procedures;
- Manage cash activities to ensure funds availability to Pact SA;
- Manage the budget ensuring all costs incurred by Pact SA has been provided for including compliance with local laws;
- Develop relevant appropriate policies and procedures and relevant country laws and regulations. Ensure that Pact SA complies with policies, systems and procedures related to finance and HR and Operations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master's degree in public administration, economics, accounting, or a related field;
- At minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial and grants management, preferably with 5 years exposure in NGO environment, USAID/PEPFAR funded projects.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting, and auditing;
- Completed articles;
- General exposure to Company tax, Employee Tax and VAT in South African environment;
- At least 2 years’ experience to the full accounting function;
- At least 2 years’ experience on managerial level, including general Human Resource Management, Taxes, Procurement, drafting Policy and Procedures and Operations;
- At least 4 years’ experience in supervising and managing staff (teams of 4 and more);
- South African national preferred;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be emailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail.
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.