Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international non-governmental organisation (NGO) operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint an Information and Knowledge Management Advisor for a five year USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management, Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Ensure that the design, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting are being captured in documentation and reports at all stages of the programme and in compliance with organisational standards;
- Manage the programme’s information, communication and outreach efforts;
- Supervise the drafting of reports, marketing and information materials, newsletters for the programme and organisation, etc.;
- Lead the project’s knowledge management’s activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Minimum of four years of work experience in information and knowledge management;
- Demonstrated experience with similarly complex projects, preferable in South Africa;
- Preferred relevant background in one PEPFAR technical area of the programme;
- US Government program experience preferable;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. South African national preferred;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail. Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.