Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a HR Manager for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Administer the selection and recruitment processes of new staff;
- Drafting and finalising job descriptions, preparing advertisements, assist with applicant reviews and conducting job interviews;
- Manage annual appraisal process and do annual training needs analysis for all Pact staff;
- Regularly review staff compensation and benefits and revise accordingly;
- Prepare and review monthly payroll including monthly reconciliation thereof;
- Regularly review and update staff policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and internal policies and processes;
- Ensure all personnel files are regularly updated including records of meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- HR degree or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as HR manager in a NGO environment in South Africa.
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to follow through on tasks;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Must be a South African national;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.