Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international non-governmental organisation (NGO) operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a HR and Finance Assistant for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management, Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Reports to the HR Manager;
- Assist with staff recruitment: assists where necessary and participate in job interviews;
- Compensation and Benefits Administration: Perform administrative duties for Provident Fund, Medical Aid Fund and Fund;
- Payroll system administration such as creating new employees, input of leave, monthly payroll updates and review of monthly third party payment schedules;
- Overall Administration: Ensure all personnel files are updated regularly including records of meetings, Ensure that all staff completes leave forms in accordance with Pact regulations governing leave and ensure that all timesheets are submitted monthly.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Diploma in HR / HR degree or studying towards it;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in General HR administration.
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to follow through on tasks;
- Good Interpersonal skills;
- Must be a South African national;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail. Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.