Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a Financial Accountant for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity-development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Perform daily payments, monthly account and bank reconciliations, process staff claims and journals;
- Ensure Pact policies and procedures are followed with regards accounting processes;
- Participate in month-end Processing and departmental reporting;
- Support the Finance Officers in reviewing all financial transactions and assist with annual audit preparation;
- Review the Trail Balance and Balance Sheet with the Financial Director before sending the month end reports to HQ.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BCom degree in the relevant field (Finance);
- At least 2 years’ experience in Audit environment;
- 4 years’ experience in the NGO sector (preferably USAID Funding).
- Keen eye for detail and can work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Accounting application: Pastel or AccPac, preferably with a working knowledge of Navigator;
- Microsoft Office: Excel Working knowledge of Word, Outlook;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be a South African national;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.