Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Officer for a five-year, USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Recording financial data into accounting system;
- Ensure payment documentation are correct, accurate and filed;
- Actively manage daily cashflows and funds usage needs of the organization;
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and submit to the Finance Director for approval and sign-off;
- Accounting for foreign exchange transactions and monthly reconciliations;
- Maintain creditors electronic banking system.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3 years accounting diploma or equivalent;
- Preferably have 2 years’ experience in the USAID donor environment;
- At least have 5 years’ experience in an accounting position and have had exposure to all accounting functions;
- Have good working knowledge and experience of Pastel or AccPac;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word;
- The candidate must be able to work independently, but also function as part of a very dynamic team;
- Can work under pressure and is deadline driven;
- Must be a South African national;
- Must be Fluent in English;
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.