Pact South Africa
(Proposed, Contingent on Award)
Pact is a 40-year old international NGO operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africa seeks to appoint two Capacity Building Advisors for a five-year USAID-funded capacity development support project in South Africa. The aim of the project is to support the goals of PEPFAR and those of the South African Government’s (SAG) National Strategic Plan to transition to country ownership by promoting sustainability of local organisations and provision of grant management support to develop local capacity. The project consists of three components - Grant Award and Management; Institutional capacity development of indigenous organisations; and Capacity development assistance to the SAG.
- Develop and deliver a wide range of capacity building technical assistance, training and support services to Pact Partners at all levels;
- Develop and adapt training, mentoring and coaching curricula and materials on key topics;
- Participate in program monitoring, evaluating, and periodic reporting related to capacity building;
- Coordinate and support capacity building mentors;
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree at NQF 6 (or equivalent) in social sciences or education;
- Minimum 5 years; experience in mentoring and support to NGOs is a must;
- Good understanding of global, regional and local capacity building efforts;
- Demonstrable skills in knowledge and skills transfer through training, mentoring and coaching;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrable skills in managing and supervising a team;
- Ability to communicate capacity building concepts effectively and persuasively;
- Fluency in English for day-to-day communication and excellent English writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrable ability to think analytically and creatively;
- Ability to work under pressure and yet deliver effectively;
- Demonstrable high level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is essential;
- Willingness to travel extensively in assigned regions;
- South African national preferred
- Must be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license.
- Deadline for the applications: 31 August 2013;
- Applications must be e-mailed to: Applications@pactsa.org.za. Include a detailed CV with at least three references and a cover letter in one e-mail;
- Please use the position title in the header of the e-mail;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Pact South Africa, refer to www.pactworld.org/south-africa.