Pact South Africa
Pact is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) operating in 59 countries. Pact's mission is to build empowered communities, governments and private institutions that give people an opportunity for a better life. Programmes focus on governance, health, economic development and natural resource management.
Pact South Africas seeks to appoint an Administrative Officer for its USAID-Funded Capacity Development Project, based in Pretoria.
Minimum Duties and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Officer will support the MER Director and Capacity Building Director and their teams by carrying out the following functions but not limited to:
- Assist with organising logistics for training events, workshops and meetings as well as assist with note taking and development of event reports;
- Develop and maintain integrated travel, site visits, and meetings schedule for programme staff and consultants;
- Manage logistical arrangements and preparation of required documentation for travel and accommodation for the staff;
- Assist in production and maintenance of high quality programme documents, e.g. work plans, minutes of meetings, training reports etc.;
- Assist in tracking work plan activities and deliverables, and keeping staff updated on teams’ progress each month;
- Assist with correspondence and other communication among programme staff and stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain filing (electronic and hard copy files) and tracking systems, contacts lists, and resource library;
- Assist in topical research using internet and other available resources.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Admin and Data Management role;
- Experience in organising large meetings and training events;
- Completed Grade 12 and a Tertiary Qualification in Office Administration or relevant qualification will be an advantage;
- High level Computer Literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher, Internet and Typing;
- Full command of English;
- Have experience in developing written event / activity reports in English;
- Analytic skills and ability to process information from a wide variety of issues and for a variety of audience;
- Experience working in an NGO environment especially USAID Funded;
- High energy, self-motivated, independent worker who is highly organised, results oriented and deadline driven;
- Should be in possession of a valid South African driver’s licence.
The successful candidate must be a South African national and be a resident in Pretoria.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications are invited to submit their electronic CV and application letter with a subject line “MERL & Capacity Building Admin Officer” at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 16h00 on Monday, 24 March 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.