Associate Program Officer: External Technical Services
The Associate Program Officer: External Technical Services (APO: ETC) will be responsible for oversight and administration of all external technical service contracts. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Program Design, Development and Administration:
- Drafting and reviewing Requests for Proposals/Applications, Terms of Reference, Scopes of Work and other contract/programmatic documents;
- Program monitoring and support by monitoring of deliverable schedules and following up with contractors;
- Reviewing deliverables, providing feedback to contractors, and overseeing necessary revisions;
- Overall management and oversight of assigned technical service contracts;
- Perform duties as technical reviewer or chair in the contractor selection processes and review of proposals;
- Drafting of narrative reports on technical service contracts portfolios for different audiences.
- Drafting of contract documents such as contracts, modifications, award/issues letters, selection memos and negotiation memos;
- Processing of contracts, modifications, deliverables and other processes requiring approvals;
- Preparing selection documents and reviewer packets for selection meetings;
- Assisting with contract budget negotiations by ensuring alignment between budgeted items and scope of work activities. Work with contractors to revise budgets where necessary;
- Maintenance of up to date contract files – hard copy & soft copy;
- Ensuring contractors compliance with donor regulations and contract terms and conditions.
- Contribute to the development of systems, tools, templates, manuals, trainings, policies, and procedures regarding contracts management;
- Assist with the organisation of hard copy and soft copy filing to ensure that files are auditable and contain all relevant contractual documents and that all files/emails are properly labeled.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field;
- 2 years of experience in administration of USAID grants and contracts;
- Ability to conceptualise a technical project from scratch;
- Proven skills in program design and development;
- Cursory knowledge of budgeting and financial management;
- Knowledge of SAG working environment and procedures;
- Knowledge of USAID/USG rules and regulations applicable to contracts;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Interpersonal and written communication skills, specifically report writing skills;
- Ability to work well with all types of individuals to foster cooperation, work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
- Extremely detail orientated, self-driven proactive individual with great initiative;
- Computer proficiency, particularly regarding MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT, etc.);
- Extensive proficiency in spreadsheet software (i.e. Excel);
- Fluency in English and an ability to communicate fluently in one of SA indigenous languages;
- Must be South African citizen with a valid driver’s license.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Associate Program Officer: External Technical Services” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please accept that your application was unsuccessful