Oxfam GB: Programme Support Manager
Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 15:34
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Sunday, May 6, 2012
Oxfam campaigns to deliver change for the world’s poorest and most deprived people. It strengthens and supports South African civil society to advocate and campaign for policies against poverty and inequality in the country.
Oxfam Great Britain (GB) seeks to appoint a Programme Support Manager, based in Abuja, Nigeria.
With a programme covering areas as diverse as livelihoods, agriculture, emergency response and women’s rights, Oxfam’s work in Nigeria is as varied as it is challenging.
The person will be to manage the resources that support its delivery.
- Lead a team that spans financial management, logistics, HR, IT and administrative support;
- Keep the operational aspects of our Nigerian programme running smoothly;
- Create a proactive culture within the team, advise managers on how best to implement business policies and procedures and see to it that everything we do is in line with both local legislation and Oxfam’s own values;
- Manage all aspects of finance and administration as well as making sure our projects have everything they need on a day-to-day basis;
- Maintain an overview of organisational issues, so when it comes to quick responses and operational planning;
- Know exactly what to do and when to do it.
- Master’s degree in finance or business administration;
- Experience in managing programme support functions in an emergency and development context;
- Understanding of the importance of being flexible in demanding situations and a solid understanding of the procedures, systems and practises behind finance, office management, HR, logistics and funding;
- Strong leader with ability to motivate a team to reach its full potential;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to think strategically and handle multiple priorities.
Apply online, refer to www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs using REF: INT5357.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Oxfam, refer to www.oxfam.org.uk.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.