ORBIS is an international nonprofit organisation with a vision to eliminate avoidable blindness in developing countries.
ORBIS Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator, based in North Western Province, Zambia.
The Programme Coordinator represents the ORBIS Europe, Middle East and Africa Programme team in implementing programme activities in Zambia. The person will
Reporting and working relationships: The Programme Coordinator reports to the Programme Manager, ORBIS Europe, Middle East and Africa (based in South Africa). S/he will also work with the ORBIS Europe, Middle East and Africa programme team.
- Implementation of high quality programme work in North Western Province and other ORBIS programme sites;
- Together with the Programme Manager develop implementation work plans annually for ORBIS programmes in Zambia;
- Together with the Programme Manager conduct 6 monthly reviews and conduct project plan revisions;
- Produce quarterly and annual ORBIS reports and submit these for approval;
- Develop draft reports required for funders at set and flexible intervals;
- Produce case studies quarterly;
- Obtain quotations and procure selected items of equipment locally;
- Ensure all equipment procured internationally passes through customs and reaches the partner institute;
- Ensure compliance with ORBIS donation policies and procedures;
- Conduct desk-based research and information gathering;
- Ensure adequate systems for reporting in compliance of the requirements for programme in the region;
- Develop relationships with key partners in North Western and Copperbelt Province (and others) to ensure successful implementation of the programme;
- Represent ORBIS at selected meetings in Zambia, take minutes and provide feedback;
- Work with partner organisations to identify issues that require advocacy interventions and facilitate the necessary linkages and networks to support avoidable blindness prevention programmes;
- Support the organisation of all ORBIS visits to Zambia;
- Provide advice on Governmental protocols and processes specific to Zambia;
- Facilitates the development of strong in-country programme partnerships in Zambia, in particular North Western province;
- Basic financial accountability of funds;
- Conduct quarterly visits to ORBIS programme in Kitwe.
- Programme Manager, ORBIS EMEA
- Africa Programme Team
- Ministry of Health; other government departments
- Academic institutes
- Professional Associations
- Ophthalmic institutions and networks
- International NGOs
- Civil Society and Community Organisations
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in programme/project management, development studies or a health related subject;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills;
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment;
- Ability to adopt a professional and diplomatic approach in creating strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge and understanding of development issues;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of icrosoft Office applications and the internet;
- Oral and written fluency in English and local Zambian language(s);
- Experience within eye care;
- Experience with working with national and international NGO’s.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Brynne Fortuin at email@example.com of post to Business Support Officer, ORBIS Southern Africa - Division of Ophthalmology, Section H53 Room 48, Old Main Building, Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory 7925, Cape Town, South Africa.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about ORBIS, refer to www.orbis.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.