The purpose of this position is to generate income from mid-level individuals, corporates and Trusts and Foundations through acquisition, development, cultivation, retention and solicitation of funds and other forms of support.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
Reports to: Director Fundraising and Business Development
Working Relationships: Individual donors, corporate donor representatives, Administrators of Trusts, clubs / societies, schools and medical professionals
Income Generation: Contribute towards the overall fundraising target of the Fundraising Team as per agreed upon deliverables.
Essentials Job Functions:
Fundraising: Individuals, Corporates and Trusts & Foundations
- Responsible for developing (with the Director of Fundraising and Business Development) the loyalty Programme (donors who contribute more than R5 000 per annum);
- Attending networking and beneficiary functions;
- Presenting to groups and organisations to profile ORBIS and the work it does in South Africa and Africa;
- Maximise funding through mid- level donor stewardship;
- Grow the value of current givers through cultivation and upgrading of existing donors;
- Extensive liaison with people (donors and others) via e-mail, phone and face to face.
Create and write compelling proposals to retain and inspire donors;
Tailor messages and manage feedback to donors, including all loyalty programme groups;
- Responsible for the maintenance of database records ensuring they are accurate and up to date;
- Working closely with Communications Team to ensure suitable marketing support;
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure the correct allocation of donor funding.
Cause Related Marketing Management
- To identify and develop relationships with Corporates which we could partner with in cause related marketing campaigns;
- To manage these relationships and ensure that they develop to maximum benefit to ORBIS.
Strategic Planning and Management
- Contribute to the strategic planning and development of the fundraising plan;
- Ensure that strategy for donor acquisition and retention is aligned with team vision and economics.
- An excellent command of English language, both written and spoken;
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter;
- Target Driven;
- Good computer skills e.g., Microsoft Office, internet, e-mail, MS Project;
- Relationship building skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Project management skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Time management skills;
- Understanding of Corporate Strategy;
- Ability to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner;
- Sound organisational and interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
A Communications or Marketing qualification and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
The closing date for the Finance Officer is the 31 January 2014.
To apply, submit your CV to Joanne Rowland, E-mail: Joanne.Rowland@orbis.org.za.