OneVoice South Africa NPC
OneVoice South Africa is a vibrant non-governmental organisation, which uses creative ways of actively involving young people in HIV and TB prevention. The head office is in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
OneVoice South Africa seeks to appoint a Programme and Research Manager, based in Durban.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director.
The purpose of the position is to plan, oversee, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the OneVoice South Africa Schools Programme, and to measure its overall effectiveness in achieving the strategic objectives of the organisation.
This is a full-time fixed-term contract position.
- A degree in Social Sciences or Public Health or equivalent in the fields of Social Development;
- At least 3-5 years work experience in the NGO health sector;
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Advanced quantitative research skills including protocol development, data collection, data analysis and report writing;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of an intervention programme;
- Sound leadership and motivational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and plan strategically;
- Excellent communication skills in English (e.g. report writing and oral presentation);
- Experience in budget management;
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills;
- A valid driver’s licence;
- Own transport;
- Honours/Masters Degree;
- Experience with SPSS Software;
- In depth understanding of HIV and TB prevention programming with young people, and current schools-based life skills programmes (in South Africa);
- Proven ability in HIV and/or TB prevention programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven ability to facilitate training sessions.
Total Proposed Salary Package: Commensurate with experience
To apply, submit a CV with at least 3 contactable referees (at least 2 of them having directly managed you in your previous position/s) and a cover letter motivating for your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 031 202 0585.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about OneVoice South Africa, refer to www.onevoice.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.