ONE is a global campaign and advocacy organisation backed by over six million people from around the world and every walk of life that are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and more effective aid and trade reform. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency so these resources can be effectively deployed. ONE has offices in Berlin, Brussels, Johannesburg, London, New York City, Paris and Washington DC.
The Campaigns Assistant will provide support to the management of the ONE.org/Africa website working with staff across ONE’s Africa, Europe and US offices to ensure the website remains an effective tool in support of ONE’s campaigning and advocacy work. The successful candidate will have experience in working with online content and providing a range of support to a digital or web development team. The Campaigns Assistant reports to the Executive Director and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, International Relations or a related field;
- Three years’ experience supporting the management of websites, including content development;
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills with the ability to write and edit material, especially for the web;
- Some familiarity with HTML;
- A demonstrable understanding of social media and its use as a public mobilisation tool;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills;
- Very well organised with a proven ability to multi-task;
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines;
- Experience of working within a campaigns, advocacy or communications environment;
- A commitment to ONE’s mission;
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment across various times zones;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Africa team in the management of the ONE Africa website;
- Support the Africa Campaigns Officer and Digital Content Manager in the scheduling and posting of content to the ONE Africa blog and social media channels;
- Work with the International Digital Director to monitor the progress of team tasks via ONE’s task management tool;
- Analyse site traffic and usage data and provide reports to the Africa and Digital teams;
- Develop fresh digital content and edit blogs;
- Respond to ONE Africa digital queries;
- Develop and run digital campaigns;
- Any other duties as appropriate to the role.
We offer great benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and mandatory holidays
Qualified and Interested Applicants
We invite qualified candidates to submit an application and a cover letter with salary history and desired salary the jobs page of our website. (Only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position.) This is a rolling recruitment. We will conclude the process when the job has been filled. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorised to work in South Africa without any restrictions need apply.