Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is a Non-Government Organisation with close links to the Norwegian Labor Movement. NPA is involved in humanitarian relief and development cooperation in more than 40 countries. NPA’s vision is Solidarity in Practice.
The NPA Southern Africa Office was established in 1996, covering South Africa, Mozambique and Zimbabwe. The office is located in Johannesburg, South Africa working directly with two programmes, namely the South Africa Programme (SAP) and the Southern Africa Regional Programme (SARP). In addition there are programmes in Mozambique and Zimbabwe. We work with partners that are fighting for a more just distribution of power and recourses. NPA will seek to increase the number of partners with a strong membership base in this strategy period.
We are seeking a Programme Officer to support the programme and organisational development of South Africa and Southern Africa office including support to the Mozambique programme where needed. This position reports to the Programme Manager for South and Southern Africa.
- Making the assessment of each partner organisation to determine its strengths and weaknesses including documenting, filing and preparing partner agreements;
- Support problem solving activities with partners organisations;
- Contribute at proposal development and reviews as assigned by programme manager;
- Work jointly with programme staff to ensure smooth implementation of partner plans;
- Promoting trainings in various aspects and giving technical assistance to partners in terms of skills development to guarantee their organisational development, including exchange of experiences;
- Assistance to develop a strategy and gender integration action plan for NPA and partners organisations;
- Facilitate evaluation of funded projects that are implemented by the partners;
- Giving support to partners in order to guarantee the design of results-based planning, monitoring and narrative and budget reports;
- Organising partners meetings as a way of establishing mechanisms for coordination, exchange of ideas and experiences, as well as good practices;
- Carry out other duties as requested by the Programme Manager and Regional Director.
Profile/ competences required:
- 2-3 years’ experience in development field;
- Higher education at diploma or degree level in a relevant field;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Good computer skills;
- Multi-skilled, flexible, and a strong team-player;
- Knowledge of financial management, budgetary work and programme management.
Salary: competitive package
This is a fixed term contract for the duration of one year (possibility of renewal) with three months’ probation
Applicants should send their motivational letter, CV and 3 contactable references to email@example.com by e-mail.
The application deadline is 23 September 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview.
Note: Foreign nationals are welcome to apply, but should already possess a valid open work permit. NPA takes no responsibility in securing such.
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) reserves the right not to make an appointment / contact.
One of NPA’s overall objectives is to promote gender equality in the organisation and female candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an HIV/AIDS policy and no tolerance of discriminatory practices.