The Nurturing Orphans of Aids for Humanity (Noah) is a nonprofit charity organisation that helps children who have been left orphaned or vulnerable by HIV/AIDS in Africa.
Noah seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant Manager, based in Umhlanga Ridge, KwaZulu-Natal.
The candidate must have his/her own vehicle and must be able to communicate in IsiZulu.
- Design and implement research projects highlighting areas for improvement/alternative approaches to the issues of community development and the care of vulnerable children;
- Implementing Noah data quality procedures - supervise training to Community Development Practitioners and CBO staff in data quality processes and procedures;
- Together with Data Capturers, liaise with M&E Manager, Community Development Practitioners and communities, to highlight gaps and risks in data gathered at community levels;
- Supervise the monitoring and evaluation of the impact of the remedial steps taken;
- Compile all annual and final research reports and monitor progress to ensure project quality and that objectives are met;
- Implementing and providing training in information systems - responsible for the implementation of information systems that effectively and accurately collate data gathered by communities;
- Oversee that information systems are being correctly used by all relevant parties;
- Oversee training on information systems and data quality procedures;
- Supervise site visits, spot checks and “mini-audits” at CBO level to ensure data quality and consistency;
- Responsible for all data gathered and entered into information systems;
- Ensure quality control of data entered;
- Producing monitoring and evaluation reports - Prepare M&E reports on request from Management;
- Assume supportive role for responsibilities of colleagues in their absence;
- Perform other related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned by Noah;
- Supervision of four staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any one of the social sciences or related fields;
- Demonstrated experience of monitoring and evaluation;
- Research experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Experience of managing the research administration process and supervising staff;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software including Excel;
- Experience in working with a database;
- Strong analytical skills and data interpretation;
- Strong writing skills.
- Identifie process improvements and discusses with immediate supervisor;
- Ability to work under pressure and balance several competing tasks at once;
- Work with people of all backgrounds with a respectful attitude;
- Actively work to support the delivery of the objectives of Noah and encourages others to do this too.
- Own transport and be willing to travel at times to distant, rural communities;
- Ability to communicate in IsiZulu.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Nathi at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Nurturing Orphans of Aids for Humanity, refer to www.noahorphans.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.