National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders (NICRO)
The National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders (NICRO) is a national crime prevention nonprofit organisation that works towards a safer South Africa.
NICRO seeks to appoint a Fundraising Manager, based in Cape Town.
The person is responsible for ensuring delivery of top line revenue and profit, developing loyalty from existing donors, attracting new donors and building significant brand equity. S/he will establish the long-term fundraising strategic objectives of the organisation in conjunction with the CEO. S/he will ensure marketing, fundraising and media growth through leading the Fundraisers. The post holder will be required to represent NICRO externally at donor meetings and be pro-active in establishing and maintaining relationships with potential funders.
The person is expected to reach agreed financial target.
The person will report to the CEO.
This is a permanent contract with six-month probation.
- Fundraising strategy;
- Resource mobilisation;
- Donor management;
- Administration and reporting;
- Research and development;
- Proposals and reporting;
- Database management and usage;
- Personal development and growth.
- Strategy formulation and implementation contribute to the development and refinement of company vision and strategy;
- Be accountable for targets, donor revenue, tracking results and profitability of all channels and donor retention;
- Timeously acknowledge all grants and donations from funders;
- Monitor and record all grants and donations from funders as well as subsequent communication with funders;
- Database maintenance and updating (monitoring and recording of all grants and donations, monitoring and recording of progress report requirements and details of those submitted; recording all communication with and from funders, monitoring and recording of all funding proposals and grant applications submitted, adding new funder details and updating any details that have changed etc);
- Recordkeeping and filing of all correspondence to and from donors;
- Maintain records of/ensure speedy access to current expenditure budgets for the organisation as a whole and each project;
- Produce reports of proposals/grant applications submitted and income/revenue received on a monthly basis;
- Monitor and report on fundraising activities and progress to Management;
- Recording of dates and deadlines for all funding applications and progress reports that need to be submitted, as well as the preparation and distribution of schedules and requirements to all relevant persons (project staff who will provide information, financials staff if required to provide financial information, grant writer/fundraising consultant);
- Conduct follow-ups to ensure that funding applications and progress reports are submitted timeously and by the due date
- The collation of all funding applications, solicitation documentation, progress reports and fundraising/marketing materials for mailing and making arrangements for the mailing or delivery of such;
- Ensure continuous, ongoing and relevant flow of information to funders;
- Ensure that funders are in receipt of NICRO publications (annual reports, financial statements, newsletters etc);
- Building and maintain good relationships with all funders;
- Arrange project visits and appointments etc.
- Conduct donor research
- Donor identification;
- Information gathering;
- Matching of donor priorities and funding criteria with organisation’s objectives and activities;
- Preparation of prospective funder lists with recommendations of best form of approach/contact
- Ongoing research to keep abreast of calls for proposals from major funding agencies such as the NLDTF, Community Chest of the Western Cape and others;
- Assist with the development of new partnerships / relationships with corporate concerns, foundations, trusts and relevant individuals with the aim of increasing the organisation’s financial support base;
- Initiate contact with all existing funders and prospective funders to market the organisation and its activities, establish potential for partnership development, identify fundraising opportunities and secure invitations to submit funding proposals/grant applications;
- Ensure that the necessary follow-up is conducted;
- Setting up of appointments and preparation of solicitation package to take to appointments;
- Conducting presentations as and when required/appropriate;
- Continuously interact and maintain good relationships with all NICRO projects to ensure the best possible understanding of projects and new developments as well as changes in terms of project implementation.
- Matric certificate and marketing diploma;
- Previous professional fundraising experience for NGOs, CSOs, public or private sector;
- Proven fund raising skills and experience;
- Excellent written and verbal English appropriate for external representation (lobbying, presentations, and proposal development);
- Strong inter personal communication and networking skills;
- Proven knowledge and skill on the use of computer applications such as MS excel, word and power point;
- A proven record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and maintains positive attitude;
- Database experience (marketing/advertising skills, knowledge of regional and national fundraising environment);
- Existing relationship with donor agencies in South Africa.
- Strong work ethic;
- Dependability and responsibility;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Motivated to grow and learn;
- Possess a positive attitude;
- Strong self – confidence;
- Self –motivated;
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities;
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise;
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible and requiring tact;
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- High energy and able to work in a highly pressurised environment;
- Can-do attitude and bottom line achiever - a visionary who is results driven and able to implement operationally i.e. can meet deadlines;
- Must possess a pleasing personality;
- Sound analytical, reasoning, problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Strong people skills;
- Positive mental attitude;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to travel;
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Proven record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees, current salary package and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicant must be South African citizen.
For more about the National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders, refer to www.nicro.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.