The Newborns Groote Schuur Trust (Newborns Trust) is a newly formed entity that assists the division of neonatal medicine and the neonatal unit at Groote Schuur Hospital. The Trust operates independently and has advisories by representatives of Groote Schuur Hospital, and the University of Cape Town.
Newborns Trust seeks to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic person as Trust Manager, based in Observatory, Cape Town.
The person will join the Trust’s team in a reputable health charity. Reporting to the Chair, the Trust Manager must grow the Institute’s revenue and team to the next level by developing and implementing strategies to build new markets nationally, internationally and consolidate existing markets by implementing a donor centric fundraising capability and building a culture of donor thanking, informing, and nurturing across the donor lifecycle.
The person must be a change-agent, with the ability to drive change across fundraising by building, managing, leading and mentoring across all levels of projects and build a team of competent, driven and rewarded professionals into the future. Further, the person will work closely with your direct reports in order to build excellence across the fundraising function and to strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of ten years senior fundraising experience at both execution and strategic level within the NPO or commercial sectors;
- Ability to develop and implement an annual business plan for fundraising;
- Ability to develop and implement, in consultation with the Chair, an effective target, cultivation and engagement strategy to guide, streamline and maximise support from CSI budgets, trusts, foundations, donations-in-kind and government;
- Minimum of eight years management experience, coaching and mentoring;
- In-depth understanding of the various fundraising functions i.e. community events, marketing, corporate partnerships, trusts/foundations, major campaigns as examples;
- Strategic management and tactical program planning. How your exceptional written and oral skills, combined with your inspirational relationship management ability, have delivered your success in winning grants or donations in the past;
- Experience managing budgets. Experience allocating budgets and managing multiple fundraising programmes to meet these financial objectives;
- Knowledge of developments and initiatives in the fundraising industry both in South Africa and globally;
- Ability to select and appropriately package, projects requiring funding and track funding status of selected projects on a regular basis;
- Project management skills would be advantageous as would your proven ability to work in a high performance environment, managing multiple tasks with defined budgets and conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to work confidently on your own;
- Willingness to travel to projects and donors;
- Excellent people skills and presentation;
- Networking skills within the NPO sector;
- Experience in marketing or related field Industry. Related memberships and affiliations with SAIF.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted accordingly.
Newborns Trust is the only independent NGO who is dedicated to raising funds for premature babies.
For more about the Newborns Trust, refer to www.newborns.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Secure your place in the 25th anniversary edition of the Prodder NGO Directory which will be released on 24 October 2012. Refer to www.prodder.org.za for more information.