The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a non-governmental organisation that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Youth Programmes Manager, based in Sandton, Gauteng.
The person will plan and manage the loveLife Academy Programmes. The successful applicants would be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Youth programmes planning and management;
- Participating in strategic planning and program development;
- Planning the delivery of the overall youth programs and their activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the Academy( manage youth training programme, learner orientation process, resource allocation and overall administration);
- Ensure youth programme products are relevant and meet minimum industry standards;
- Ensuring best practices are in place –with effective participant assessment, relevant program delivery-so that participant goals are met;
- Develop comprehensive plans for and adequate support for scale up;
- Ensure good communication linkages within the unit and between the unit and its partners;
- Build and maintain key relationships across the organization including developing and maintaining productive relationships with core staff and all other stakeholders;
- Undertake field visits for exploration of new opportunities, identify and nurture innovation, also programme support at community hub level;
- Full compliance with finance requirements for annual audits and board reporting;
- Provide programmes finance budget planning and advice during budget reviews;
- Adherence to finance policies and procedures;
- Develop processes to inform programme review and advise youth programme;
- Quarterly programme forums to inform review and impact relevance;
- Ensure adherence to SETA and other stakeholders-with regards to training standards;
- Provide monthly update reports;
- Facilitate contracting of learners;
- Coordinate induction sessions of learners;
- Verification and capturing of learner data;
- Certification ceremonies and its coordination.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (Honours and above), Master’s will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of five years in training and development environment in an organisation that employed more than 250 employees;
- Registered as a skills facilitator;
- Customer Service orientation
- Computer literacy;
- Strong decision making ability;
- Ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Thorough knowledge of the skills development Act;
- Valid driver’s licence is non-negotiable requirement;
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
Total remuneration package: R360 000 per annum, cost to company.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.