The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a non-governmental organisation that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint 13 Youth Centre Nurses, based in all nine provinces.
The Nurses will provide counselling and clinical sexual and reproductive healthcare services to adolescents and youth (loveLife’s target group).The successful applicants would be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Provide counselling and sexual and reproductive healthcare services to adolescents and youth;
- Collect, analyse and interpret data on young people’s uptake of the sexual and reproductive healthcare package and use this statistics for management reporting;
- Ensure that proper filing systems are put in place and that files are kept up-to-date;
- Provide training for loveLife staff members and volunteers on sexual and reproductive health issues;
- Assist with loveLife’s community outreach (e.g. parent-youth dialogues, presentations on topics related to the sexual and reproductive healthcare package, etc.)
- Assist with marketing the youth centre’s clinical services to the wider community;
- Manage relationships with the district Department of Health;
- Ensure proper and appropriate protocols are adhered to in relation to drug management and safe-keeping;
- Contribute to the programme content development – where necessary, e.g. love4Life;
- Provide clinical support and services to the sports and recreation programmes at the centre.
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing Science;
- Three years primary health care or community nursing;
- SANC registration;
- Valid dispensing licence;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in primary health care or community nursing;
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Local language proficiency;
- Excellent marketing and lobbying skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to interact with people of different ages and different backgrounds.
- Practical experience in community health nursing or health promotion;
- Report writing skills and experience.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse