The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a NGO that campaigns with nationwide community-level outreach and supports programmes to promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens.
loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Senior Manager - Sales and Partnerships, based in Johannesburg.
The person will craft, coordinates and lead the fundraising and revenue generation strategy and plan to ensure that loveLife has sufficient resources to carry out its mission and vision. Expand and develop new sources of income from individuals, government departments, corporates, events and foundations.
- Develop annual and long term revenue generation strategic plan and feed into greater organisational strategic framework;
- Explore revenue generation projects outside traditional fundraising processes;
- Lead and manage overall organisational efforts to meet fundraising processes;
- Establish short and long term goals for unrestricted funding sources;
- Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to donors/funders;
- Researches public and private agencies, corporates and foundations to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding;
- Work in partnerships with programme owners to develop funding guidelines and database;
- Maintain and expand loveLife’s fundraising database;
- Train program owners to enable them to meet their fundraising targets;
- Organises solicitation drives for on-going support from individuals, corporates and foundations;
- Cultivates donors by producing specialised correspondences, preparing letters of enquiry, acknowledgements, scheduling and attending in-person visits;
- Supervises development of annual report, funder presentations, executive correspondence and speeches;
- Collaborate with stakeholder relations in engaging with government;
- Produces donor/funder content for the website;
- Engage in research to identify new individual, corporate, foundation and government prospects;
- Develop donor relationship marketing materials in conjunction with the Brand Management Department;
- Prepare reports for Board and Board sub-committee as required;
- Forecast revenue and collaborate with CFO to set revenue targets;
- Assist donor relations with proposals where necessary.
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience with demonstrated success in corporate relationships, customer service, business development and planning in or with non-profit and corporate cultures;
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or Finance;
- Possess exceptional strategic thinking, problem solving skills, and personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive goals;
- Values-driven with a track record of achievement and proven ability to innovate and manage towards ambitious goals;
- Ability to imagine, research, develop and coherently propose new ways to engage prospective and current corporate partners, including proposal development and sponsorship;
- Ability to play an external role, making public presentations and representing the organization externally using exceptional verbal and written skills;
- Demonstrated ability to gain access to and work with C-suite executive and sophisticated volunteer leaders, including making “cold calls”;
- Ability to manage up effectively in engaging senior management in corporate partnership relations when appropriate;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the organization including ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently;
- Ability to research and convert data into materials and proposals with special attention to detail and talent for organising complex projects;
- High level of personal and professional integrity, with an ability to inspire confidence and cooperation;
- Willingness and ability to travel perhaps extensively;
- Knowledge of South African fundraising landscape and laws;
Total remuneration package: R360 000 per annum, total cost to company.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificates) and motivation letter with ‘Senior Manager - Sales and Partnerships - Johannesburg‘ in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw advertisements at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about loveLife, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.