The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Nurse, based in KwaNobuhle Youth Centre Eastern Cape.
The Nurse will provide counselling and clinical sexual and reproductive health services to adolescents and youth (loveLife’s target group). This person will also be responsible to provide training and other forms of technical assistance to other loveLife and volunteers on sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Provide counselling and clinical sexual and reproductive healthcare services to adolescents and youth;
- Collect, analyse and interpret data on young people’s uptake of the sexual and reproductive healthcare package;
- Ensure that proper filing systems are put in place and that files are kept up-to-date;
- Provide training for loveLife staff members and volunteers on sexual and reproductive health issues;
- Assist with loveLife’s community outreach (e.g. parent-youth dialogues, presentations on topics related to the sexual and reproductive healthcare package, etc.)
- Assist with marketing the youth centre’s clinical services to the wider community.
- Grade 12/Matric National Certificate;
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing Science;
- SANC Registration;
- Minimum of one year experience in Primary Health Care;
- Facilitation and presentation skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Local language proficiency;
- Marketing and lobbying skills;
- Counselling skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to interact with people of different ages and different backgrounds.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your
Building complete young leaders for an HIV free future.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.