The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife seeks to appoint a Executive Manager for Programme Measurement and Design, based in Sandton.
The New loveLife Trust is looking to recruit a person to ensure the effective monitoring of loveLife’s programmatic activities and the availability of relevant research information to inform loveLife’s campaign and programme development.
- Ensure the continuous development and management of an effective monitoring system to monitor loveLife’ s programmatic activities;
- Ensure the development of effective monitoring tools and data collection processes in collaboration with programme development and implementing teams;
- Ensure the development and management of efficient data capturing systems;
- Ensure effective training of loveLife staff and implementers to collect - and manage data in collaboration with national training staff and implementing teams;
- Ensure the availability of relevant research information to inform the loveLife campaign and programmatic development;
- Ensure the continuous, systematic review of new research relevant to loveLife’s campaign and programmatic interventions;
- Provide leadership for- and coordinate in-house research activities such as formative research and literature reviews;
- Provide leadership for, commission and coordinate/manage external research projects such as evaluations and surveys;
- Ensure the quarterly analysis of monitoring data and report writing of funder reports and management reports;
- Ensure the regular (at least bin-annual) specific analysis of monitoring data and report writing on detailed indicators for specific programmes;
- Ensure the preparation of an annual loveLife report and any other summary reports that may be required by funders and loveLife management;
- Ensure the development of a user-friendly archiving system for research information accessible to loveLife staff, stakeholder/partners and possibly the South African public;
- Ensure the preparation of- and facilitation of high quality presentations/workshops of monitoring/research reports to loveLife management, programme and implementation teams and stakeholders;
- Ensuring the preparation of articles on loveLife activities and research to be presented in professional environments/events or published in scientific journals or other publications;
- Preparation of- and management of an annual departmental budget;
- Representing loveLife in professional environments such as stakeholder meetings, conferences etc.;
- Building loveLife’s network and establishing and managing relationships in the scientific and professional community related to monitoring and research.
- Masters’ degree or equivalent;
- Honours degree in a relevant field (Applied Mathematics, Demography, Development Studies, Economics, Epidemiology, Psychology, Sociology or Statistics);
- Knowledge related to HIV/AIDS and Youth Development;
- Minimum of five years senior research experience that includes two years in a supervisor or managerial capacity;
- Demonstrated writing skills with a track record of publishing articles and reports;
- Proven data management and data analysis skills;
- Experience managing projects with multiple team members;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Sound grounding in research methodologies, especially quantitative approaches;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, SPSS, STATA;
- Valid drivers’ licence;
- Willingness to travel.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificates) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.