The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is an NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Executive Manager for the loveLife Games, based in Sandton
The Trust is looking to recruit a suitable candidate to ensure that the loveLife Games is a world-calls sport, recreation, arts and culture programme for all schools in South Africa and that its objective is to act as a catalyst and platform for further engagement with loveLife programmes. To direct and manage all activities and sub-programmes for the attainment of the loveLife construct in the organisation’s quest to create dynamic young leaders who drives a positive social and health change amongst young South Africans. The successful applicant would be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Dictate the pace of sport and recreation development for young people in South Africa;
- Position the loveLife Games as an integral part of the sport and recreation strategy for South Africa;
- Resuscitate the loveLife brand as healthy sport and recreation programme in touch with modern young people’s aspirations;
- Ongoing conceptualisation, design and development of youth friendly activities for sport, recreation, arts and culture as integral elements of the loveLife Games;
- Develop programmes for purpose of cross-pollination with other important programmes for young people e.g. the SRSA: Mass Participation Programme and Dept. Of Basic Education School Leagues Programmes;
- Manage the loveLife Games at school league level, district, regional, provincial and national level;
- Liaise and manage the principle partnership relationship with SRSA and loveLife;
- Manage the partnership with other relevant Government Department in the context of the loveLife games as a Presidential Lead Project;
- Source further funding for the loveLife Games through creative programme alignment and aggressive selling in the corporate world;
- Form partnership with Trade Unions, Church organisations, Educations NGO’s as part of a strategy to manage a sensitive political environment of sport and education;
- Develop, nurture and cultivate solid teachers’ school sport organisations, schools arts and culture, schools debating organisations will always be critical “execution” partners for the loveLife Games;
- Liaise with SASCOC and NFs as part of reputational management of the loveLife games;
- The Tight management with proper performance deliverables of professional contractors in Event Management, Brand Management & Activation, Public Relations, TV Production, Logistics Management, Technical Delivery Agents for High Profile Events, etc. in the execution of a high class, professional loveLife Games;
- Ongoing design, development and management of decentralised delivery of loveLifestyle as loveLife key brand intervention strategy in all loveLife Games activities
- The incumbent will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of loveLife games related training;
- Draw-up annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly project plans for the management of the entire loveLife games portfolio;
- Accountable for all expenditure directly related to the loveLife games budget such as events, training and support;
- Provide on-going coaching and feedback to all loveLife external role-players and stakeholders responsible for monitoring and evaluation, in the form of regular quality checks and problem-solving where problems with data flow have been identified.
- Tertiary qualification linked to project management, programme management, education, policy, business administration;
- Master’s degree/ Post Graduate diploma or equivalent;
- Five years management experience;
- Management of large complex projects;
- Understand of the education landscape in South Africa;
- Event and Tournament Management of large National Sports Tournaments;
- Programme Design and Development;
- Strong Community Development Background;
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills;
- Financial Management Skills;
- Ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Driver’s licence compulsory.
Total remuneration package: R513 000 CTC p.a
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach loveLife National Offices.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.